Thursday, October 13, 2011

It's Getting to Be That Time of Year Again!

And I don't mean Halloween! Nope, it's almost time for the annual writing fest known as National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo!

I participated last year and it was a ton of fun. It was also a ton of work, but I found it an uplifting and satisfying experience. I also found myself challenged, and felt I grew more as a writer as a result.

From November 1st through November 30th you are to write a 50,000 word novel. It can be about anything you like. Just write 50,000 words. The point of the project is to get people writing.

If you like, you can also participate through Smashwords (http://bit.ly/ajLNlb) where you can also publish your novel as an e-book is you like, and sell it to donate the profits to NaNoWriMo's young writers program. It's a worthwhile cause on many levels.

So, if you have ever thought about writing a book, look into it! Visit their website http://bit.ly/nj2e58 to get more information, and see what else they do. I think you'll find it a rewarding experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment