Thursday, December 2, 2010

There's a New Kid in Town

It seems that every time I pick a magazine or look at the news on the internet there is something about ebooks.  Sales are up something like 188% while print books are down 40%.  E-Readers are selling like the proverbial hot cakes.  Not only do we have Kindle, Nook and I-Pads, but there are apps for your phones and knockoffs of e-readers showing up everywhere. 

My husband was out shopping Thanksgiving weekend where one store was selling an e-reader for $89 and they were flying off the shelf.  One man was buying six of them.  He told my husband that it was what he was giving for Christmas this year.

Remember when a book was a great gift to give/receive during the holidays?  Looks like now it's an e-reader!

For those of us who write e-books this is an exciting time.  More and more readers are getting into the whole concept and it looks like this is the future.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of those publishing houses to see what their take is on all of this. 

As for me, I'm going to keep writing, and hoping readers will find, read and enjoy my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment