Saturday, September 4, 2010

I Love Books


I went to a bookstore yesterday, one of my favorite places to visit. I walked around looking at all the books available, touching the covers, picking some up and flipping through them, feeling the pages turning under my fingers. Edges that were cut, ragged, cream colored and white. I love the feel and the aroma of books.

As I walked around checking out the bounty in the store, I found I had to remind myself that I am a published author. My book is out as an e-book, and not a print book. For some reason this fact makes me feel as if I’m not published. I know, intellectually, that this is not true, but wandering around that store yesterday made me feel .... a bit unfulfilled.

Environmentally e-books are a better way to go. Less waste, less use of trees which we really need to let be. I myself have a hard time spending 25 to 30 dollars for a hardback book, often waiting until it’s out in paperback to purchase a book I really want, so I know that if I can get an e-book for a third of the price that’s nicer too. I can buy three books instead of one! I’m sure other readers feel the same way.

With an e-reader I can carry dozens of books with me. Couldn’t possibly do that with print books. How crazy great is that?

And yet ... I long to be published in print. I think I’ll keep working on that goal while I continue to work on publishing my books for e-readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment