Friday, August 20, 2010

ISBN is Calling

Yesterday my book, What Would Nancy Do? was assigned an ISBN number which has me very excited.  This means that my book can be sold on some of the more well known sites such as Barnes and Noble, Apple and eventually Amazon.  Very big news.

As of this morning it is now available on Kobo (http://www.kobo.com/) at a slight discount which should make some readers happy.

Lately I've been thinking that I'm working harder on promoting this book than I did writing it.  There's a lot to do.  I'm working with a videographer on making a video trailer for What Would Nancy Do? and also discussing some ideas for the next book's trailer as well.  It's another piece of the marketing puzzle I was not aware of until publishing my first book. 

I'm editing a new book to publish as an ebook, and submitting some short stories for publication as well as sending out query letters.  Writing, revising, editing and publishing is already a full-time job.  Add promoting/marketing into the mix and it seems as if there aren't enough hours in the day!

It's been a real education and I am learning a lot.  Looking forward to learning more.

No comments:

Post a Comment