Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Making Headway

Met with a woman last night I am hoping will take on the daunting task of editing my novel and helping to prepare it for publication as an e-book.  I know that it isn't the traditional nor the desired way to get your first book published, but it seems to me that with Kindle, the Sony Reader and other devices like them that this is the way of the future.

Not only are e-books more affordable, but with everyone moving toward a more eco friendly lifestyle, the e-books are certainly the "green" way to go.  Save a tree, read an e-book!

So as I wait for a decision from the editor I am now beginning my investigation into stategies for pricing the book and marketing it as well. 

Plus I need to approach someone about designing the cover.  A lot goes into this process, and it's exciting and a bit overwhelming. 

But really, could anything be more intimidating than sitting in front of a blank screen and preparing to type the first sentence of a novel?  And could anything be more exciting?

I think I'm up to the task.  Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! I hope everything goes well with the woman you met with. I think e-books are great. So many people are switching to them. My sister in law got a Kindle for Christmas and she said she will never buy another book again! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete