Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bears Do It -- Why Can't I?

This has been a tough winter, record snowfalls and low temperatures.  While writing is a solitary occupation, this cold, dreary weather has been keeping me indoors even more so.  Barely want to stick my nose out much less get out and do things.  And when I do venture out, I'm going to the movies our out to eat not doing anything particularly productive like say, interviewing experts for info on my work in progress, or researching locales or working on my trailer.  Nope.

And what's with my body saying it's ready to go to bed by 9:00 pm at night?  One night I shut down the laptop and gave in.  I went to bed early with the idea that I would jump up in the morning, do my exercises, have a healthy breakfast and then open said laptop back up and dive into work.

Again .... nope.  Instead I was hard pressed to drag myself out from under the covers and check my email.  It was cold!  Who wanted to get out of bed?  Not me, that's for sure.

I think bears have the right idea.  Let's sleep through winter, at least this miserable winter, and wake up in spring and get back to work.

Probably not going to work.  When I do go to bed, the characters from my novel race around my brain.  I doubt they'd wait all winter for me to get back to them.  Ah well..... back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment