Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Slump is a Slump

We all fall into slumps of one kind or another.  Don't feel like doing something we normally really enjoy.  As a writer I've experienced slumps in my work which is frustrating, but it passes and soon I am cranking out 1500 words a day or more.  Love those times!

But I find myself in a slump right now that hasn't happened very much in my experience.  A reading slump!  Really.  I am absolutely addicted to reading and always have at least two books I'm plowing through.  Lately, however, I just don't seem to be able to work up the steam to read the books I have, even though they are authors I really like. 

One book I'm reading was written by a contact I made on facebook.  I got the book for my e-reader and am about halfway through it.  It's a romantic suspense, a genre that's one of my favorites, and I'm stumped in trying to figure out "who done it."  The other two books I have are a couple of my favorite authors and even they can't get me back to the page.

At least my writing muse is strong.  Hopefully my reading guru will return kick me back into action.  I need to find out who the culprit is in my friend's book!

No comments:

Post a Comment