Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hitting Your Stride

There are a lot of wonderful things about being a writer.  Making up plots and meeting characters who tell their stories through you.  I think a lot of writers have spent a lot of time as youngsters making up stories/plots and find as adults we can continue that passion with the written word. 

One of the absolute best highs I get as a writer is when you find yourself "in the groove" with your story.  If you're a writer, you know what I mean.  You sit down at your computer, typewriter, pad and pencil, whatever your mode of creativity takes, and the story almost seems to tell itself.  You are a conduit for these characters and this story.  It's so exciting.

When you hit your stride as a writer, I think it must be a lot like a runner.  I don't know if the endorphines flow through the same way, but I'm sure the feeling must be similar.  As a writer you can't predict when it will happen, but when it does you just want to run with it.  You don't want to stop for anything. 

For all writers out there I hope you have that kind of day today.  For me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment