Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Starting a New Book

One of my favorite authors, Diane Chamberlain, posted something on facebook the other day that has stuck with me.  She told the story of how she pitched a book, badly, but still wound up publishing it.  Her passion for the book sort of tripped her up in an inability to summarize properly.  As she put it, "a story too complex to easily describe, but not too complex to fall in love with."

That is the way I feel about my books.  I think it sums up very nicely why I have such a problem writing outlines and synopses. 

I have started my new book.  I don't yet have a title, but I have it so clear in my mind and my heart that I am chomping at the bit to write it out so others can read it. 

So if I don't do well at writing a synopsis when I am finished, perhaps I can find and agent or an editor who will read the book instead.  And feel the passion I do for the story that lies waiting inside me to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment