Sunday, June 27, 2010

One Step Down .....

Almost three weeks ago I met with an editor to discuss one of my manuscripts and having her edit it for me to get it ready to be published as an e-book.  I know she is busy and has a lot going on, but I was really hoping to get her because I respect her and her talent.

Two days ago I heard back from her and she has agreed to take me on!  I am so excited.  She won't be able to start on my book until mid-August, but I think we should stll be looking at a publishing date sometime in late fall.  I may be optimistic here, since this is my first foray into the world of e-publishing, but I think it's possible.

Now to see about creating a cover.  A friend gave me a suggestion so next is to talk to her and see what I can learn. 

In addition, I need to get my computer savvy sons in on the game and see if they can give me some advice about formatting my book and getting it ready to submit after it's been edited. 

Whew!  Lots to do.  And then add to it all a new book outline I'm working on and it's going to be a busy summer for me!

2 comments:

  1. HOORAY!! This is awesome news! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Maureen. It's a lot more work than most people realize, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete